Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm officially in the Brecon Beacons Ultra in November! Just need to send off my entry form to the race promoter then pay the person whose space I'm taking. I mentioned I'm on a "team" as well. We are the defending champions from last year. Pretty cool. Need to focus my training now on that. 45 miles I believe and climbs. May need to consider a trail shoe as well with it being in Wales in November! Also have to fine tune the required gear for the race. More on that later.

Well the wife had been using the treadmill we got off eBay and I try to avoid it. Much rather run outside but I am now kind of growing fond of it. Yesterday the wife had to go to London for work so I hamster wheeled it for about 40 minutes while the little one slept. Did 45 minutes today because the little one opted to wake up at 5am, my normal running time.

Listening to a podcast passes the time pretty well and I think the thing is set up at an incline, although small, every bit will help! Then I got to thinking I could add miles by running outside in the morning as normal and then when the little one is sleeping get in 5 or 6 bonus miles! I like that idea. I easily could average 15 miles a day on a "normal" day without compromising any family time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment