Monday, September 24, 2012

Fairly boring weekend run-wise

Dunsley Tunnel turnaround point

Well a busy but not in the sense of running weekend. Ended up taking Friday and Saturday off. I was hoping to only have Friday off but I ended up going into Birmingham to meet my ex co-workers for a couple beers. Got home later than normal for me and the 5am wake up to run was a bit tougher. Mainly because I started a new part time job and had to catch the train at 746. Just wanted to be sure I was on time.

I think I needed the off time anyway. My right knee had been acting up a bit, no idea what, but it doesn't hurt at all when I run. Only when I'm not running. Weird. So got out on Sunday for two hours and 16 plus miles. Easy fun pace, flat terrain. Really good run and no knee problems during, but only after.



So the ice is out throughout the day, ibuprofen, stretches, etc. The usual. Really odd, probably just run through it and it will get better. Off today as normal which is nice, it has been raining since about 3am straight on through. Flood warnings are out for the SW of the UK and I'm sure the Severn-side towns will be preparing. Just another rain storm in the UK, no big deal!

cignets are getting bigger

Got my hands on a Montane Fireball Smock thanks to eBay for super cheap so that part of my gear has been sorted out. I would have rather have gotten a Patagonia because it's a nicer piece and I'd use it for more than racing but the price was too steep! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment