Thursday, January 22, 2015

The date is set

A little closure to this game. March 6th they'll slit me open, poke my innards back in, insert some mesh over the hole, and sew me up! The doctor said I should be back to normal mileage by June. Also currently I can run as I please. No weight stuff thoughts expected.

It's unreal how bummed out I was and having it open ended just made it worse! 

It was nice talking to a doctor in the private sector versus public health, so much more personable! Not that the other doctors I've seen were bad, just different. He actually gave a shit about me and was curious of who I was! He had my personal history already from the previous doctor which was a conversation piece since I've got emergency medical background. I could've talked to him for hours! I think he was elated I wasn't overweight as he said it can be much more difficult to do the procedure. I wonder if it was a "whew, thank god, an easy one" moment? 

So that means I can hopefully sneak in a fall hundred miler hopefully. Centurion Running Autumn 100 near Reading or Cotswold Way Century are both options. I'd just like to keep up any qualifying races in order to get in to future events. The guys at Centurion put on a very "American style" ultra which is welcoming, they do the North Downs Way 50 which was my first ultra. Great show. It's also later n the fall than Cotswold giving me more time to train. Cotswold however is very close to home which is very convenient, it's also point to point versus an out and back format. I guess lets first see how this surgery goes. Autumn 100 will fill first I'd guess so I'll need to keep tabs on that as well.

This morning I emailed the appropriate race directors in order to withdrawal from GUCR, Lakeland 100, and the Wychavon Way Ultra. Sad, but I do at least get some money back. Kind of a bummer but maybe for the better with two kids now it may be a good thing.

Day 23 of the high fat diet. Kind of a weird feeling. I never have sugar crashes or get the hanger. Consistent energy all the time, even on my runs, even if I don't eat! Any runs have been base building and easy right at the perfect pace for fat burning. Unfortunately I won't be experimenting with speedwork. I'm definitely in ketosis as I've got body odor and also my urine stinks! I'd like to keep it up for another month and have my cholesterol etc checked to see the outcome. We will see if I last, it takes quite a bit of will power to skip all the treats! 



No comments:

Post a Comment