Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fully recovered. Three days off. Not too bad. Not too sure what my next goal will be but it depends on what works out with the family I guess. There are a couple possibilities for longer races that I'd like to do; Scotland's River Ayr Way Challenge in September, 44 miles I think, Round Rotherham 50 in October.

I've also been e-mailing with my nemesis of the shorter races. The guy who beat me in the Wyre Forest Half and also Danny's Dash. He's trying to recruit me for his club's division 1 cross country running team for the upcoming season.

Cross country running officially started over here in the UK. According to the wiki the first national competition was in 1876. Pretty cool. Compared to the US where the sport seems to be most popular in high school it continues on as a club sport for all ages here and there are a ton of meets. If it works out I think it would be really fun to race CC in England. Trouble is that this guy's club is a ways away from where I live and obviously meeting up to training sessions would be a good thing. We shall see.

I need to get back at training though. The little one's schedule has changed drastically and my early morning option is hit or miss now.  I think I was damn lucky leading up to my taper for the North Downs Way 50. We've been transitioning her to solid food and also she has a couple more teeth on the way so she's definitely off a bit.

Fortunately we recently purchased a treadmill! The wife wanted it for the convenience. Good thing is that it's way more convenient for me too! Normally on days the wife is in London for work I either take a day off from running or ride my bike in the trainer when the little one sleeps. Trouble is that riding bikes takes a bit more time to prepare for. Cycling clothes, shoes, set up the trainer, pump up tires, not to mention the time difference for workouts. Well anything is better than nothing though. Having the treadmill will be nice, shorts shoes and I'm running! And a half hour running will be better than a half hour cycling fitness-wise. Also I may be able to get int two runs if the little one times it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment