Thursday, August 23, 2012

Got out for 6 miles easy yesterday and this morning managed 8. Both days did a few pick up intervals to try to get some snap back in my running. Felt really good this morning. Also snapped a few photos as well so a little more eye candy to view.  

morning run along the canal

Well I committed to a season of running cross-country today. Should be pretty cool. The last few days I was kind of on the fence about it. I'm still riding the high of that 50 and really want to find another to run. Not sure if one will happen soon though. Looks like the Scotland trip has been moved to October so I'll miss out on the race in Ayr and as I mentioned the little one's birthday is right before Round Rotherham so that is pretty much out as well. 


 I'm still going to try to keep up the mileage I think and try to do one really long run a month. Make this the one cool run I do like the long distance trails. Obviously a lot more speed work is to come with this cross-country endeavor. Just need to try to stay injury free. With speed work usually comes a higher likelihood of injury. It will be weird racing CC again. Mostly weird because of the shorter distance. It's off road essentially but won't have the climbs of trail races.

I find the slugs here fascinating
Well no big plans for over the weekend. 8 or 9 miles tomorrow, may have to have Saturday off due to work, Sunday would like to go longer. Downloaded the trial of Adobe Lightroom 4 so my photos may have a bit more pop to them too. Fun fun program to play with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment