Monday, August 20, 2012

Well slowly working back into training again. Wife has a busy week so I think I may have an easy week. Probably not a bad thing. The little one is sleeping through again so I've been getting fairly well rested which is nice. I think the timing of this is perfect.

Trying to figure out a training schedule if I end up doing the River Ayr Way Challenge in Sept. It isn't for sure yet but I figure if I am training for it I'll be on if it happens. I think all I need to do is bang out a couple longer runs, 18 - 25 miles, a few weeks before and I should be golden.

Over the weekend didn't run much. Ran an easy 5.5 and then 6 miles which is probably about what I should have run. Off yesterday as I normally try to do.  Although feeling ok, I'm trying to roll out my legs everyday with the foam roller to ward off any bad juju that comes with racing. I do not want any injuries. I considered hamster wheelin' it this morning but decided not too. Coffee outside and a chilly morning reminds me of waking up and rolling out of a tent in the mountains. Miss that.

Today I'm planning on heading down to Great Malvern with the little one and a kid backpack for a little hiking. This will be a first so we shall see how it goes. Going to meet a friend down there who has a slightly older son. When I finally run the Worcestershire Way Malvern is the terminus and I'd catch the train home so this will be a good recon of the area.

I attempted to take some photos this past weekend but nothing great presented itself other than a few photos of a "horse jam".  Two horses had escaped and were on a piece of single track I was running on. Of course they were in my way. To quote Bukowski from Barfly "I don't hate them.....I just feel better when they're not around". Yes he was a sexist pig, I know, but come on, Bar Fly was great! This problem with horses has happened in the past to me as well, this time I made my way around, the previous time I think I ended up chasing 5 horses into town! Not my problem, as much as I  think it would be sweet to be an American cowboy in the UK I think the only person here that wears cowboy boots is Robert Plant.  

1 comment:

  1. Well, I made it about a quarter mile from my house with the little one in the kid carrier. I was SO psyched to get out and do something fun with her. Well as she fell asleep she hit her head against mine and broke out crying! I got her sorted out, missed the train, now we're back at home. Lame.

    ReplyDelete