Monday, May 29, 2017

20

Despite being pushed back into the night I got in my 20 miler. Around 4pm the wife suggests we take the kids to the pub for a beer. Ok, I'm alright with that. Sooner than later she's on her phone calling people, more people arrive, kids are running around nuts, and we don't arrive home until 630pm. Of course with other families in tow. Everyone is annoyingly drunk, but at least having fun. I'm scrambling to get kids fed and ready for bed. I get out the door around 845pm for a 3 hour run. My sleep will be limited on both ends as I know the little guy will be up just after 6am. 

No complaints. I did what had to be done alone in the rainy, muggy, darkness. Nights like this I wish I had a training partner. It wasn't a difficult run, I got the training effect I needed, but man was I tired. Foot? Perfect!? No foot pain at all. 

This morning as I type this my foot is ever so mildly sore, muscle aches as expected, and I'm tired which I'm sure will soon grow into grumpy due to lack of sleep. 

WS100 will be a struggle but hopefully I'm well on my way to the starting line uninjured!


No comments:

Post a Comment