Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Today I think I accepted the fact that I'm injured and can't follow my preferred path of training. I've done two 100 milers on extremely minimal training, one of which was the Lakeland 100 here in England, the country's most difficult race. Supposedly if you don't have mountains to train in, it doesn't matter, as long as you've got a big engine. Since I can't run, or at least it's best not to, tomorrow I'll set my bike up on the trainer and make my aerobic engine bigger with some tempo sessions on the bike. No impact is good. The roller skis may come out too if necessary. The one huge downside is no impact. Obviously the body takes significant abuse from impact running 100 miles. I'm hoping after some easy weeks I can at least get three running weeks in before I taper, just to get my legs ready.

Now that I've got my head straight time to push on.

No comments:

Post a Comment