Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Physio update


bluebells in the Wyre Forest
Injury success. Yes, I'm injured but it isn't of huge concern. Looks to be the tempo workouts and the addition of high mileage added up and stiffened up my metatarsals which in turn have been causing the pain on my extensor tendons. I was sent home from the physio with a few exercises to strengthen and mobilize my foot while reducing the pain. Also received some electrodes hooked up to a small battery to "zap" the painful area into healing faster which I'll wear at night. Money well spent.


curious sheep

 I went home very happy. I now had the solution to my problem and the best part, the physio even said the soonest I could run is Friday! Well all isn't lost.

sweet sweet single track
Yesterday I got away with my mountain bike and found a ton of cool trails on the Wyre Forest. Alone I can cover a lot more ground than with other people. I had a great day but it reminded me of riding in Flagstaff. We sure had a fun crew of people to ride with, I miss people like that.

footbridge on the Wyre Forest

nice to see this in the back of my car again

After I was done riding for 2 hours I got my roller skis out. I got a pair with pneumatic tires for cheap on eBay. They are able to go on gravel roads much better than the solid wheeled skis I'd had in the past. This was their maiden voyage. At first I was hesitant, waiting for the wheel to catch a rock and come to a complete stop, throwing me to the ground. However, it never happened. They were awesome! Sure the poles could be a bit shorter but over all these things were great! I need to invest in a brake to add to them but for the flats they were fine without. V1, diagonal V, V2, I hammered out all the techniques like I'd been on snow all winter. Bliss.

roller skiing along the disused railway
I must've spoke with 8 people who were curious about them. Maybe a business opportunity in the future? I'd love to be a nordic coach here.

Anyway, riding bikes and skiing were extremely fun but now it's time to get back with the task at hand. Now I know what to do my foot is already feeling much better. So I'll be running Friday for sure! I'm hoping to get out on the mountain bike tomorrow again.      

3 comments:

  1. Yeah,Andy!! Way to go. Keep up the good work. We are so glad the dr. visit turned out best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got good news! C&G

    ReplyDelete